Sunday, October 31, 2010

Congratulations (soon to be) Dr. Jodi!

Jodi Pirtle defended her thesis! Hooray! Hopefully I'll have an interview with her about her project on red king crab, but until then let's congratulate her on her upcoming PhD!

juvenile red king crab in the lab

For the occasion I made her red king crab cards. Here's how:

I made stamps out of foam board with cardboard bases.
Fancy, I know:

home-made stamps

Next I stamped them onto cardstock, using shiny gold for a king's crown
and bright red for the crab:

ruh-roh: some practice cards

a finished card

wrapped and ready to go!

Congratulations Jodi!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Molly! I just noticed this. I love the cards and I love your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi! I'm glad you like both!

    ReplyDelete