Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Alaska Marine Science Symposium 2012

I'm having a great time at the Alaska Marine Science Symposium meeting up with friends, presenting my research, and learning A LOT! (And enjoying Anchorage's restaurants!)

king crab cakes eggs benedict from Snow City Cafe

I had a great time at the poster session seeing all the other snow crab posters as well as other crabby works (and, of course, all my fellow SFOS students' posters). I also had fun seeing all the Snow Crab Love mugs scooped up. I hope everyone likes them!

showing off my poster and mug at the symposium

with Sherry - makin' her proud!

Congratulations to Raphaelle Descoteaux, one of the poster session winners! Way to represent crab science! Her project is "Effects of ocean acidification on larval development in Alaskan crabs", and hopefully I can get an "Ask a Grad Student" interview with her later so you can learn more about it.

Chionoecetes bairdi larval stages (from here)

There's still Gulf of Alaska presentations to see tomorrow, but I'll be back with more crab knowledge gained from this meeting next week! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment