Sunday, April 8, 2012

A message from the Easter Crab:

HAPPY EASTER!



I hope you're having a great day, whether it's getting outside for an Easter egg hunt or getting outside for an adventure, or maybe staying inside with family and friends! These Calcinus hermit crabs, found around Easter Island, would also like to wish you a happy day (I'm not sure if these particular crabs are from Easter Island, but their genus is found there).

wouldn't you love a colorful Easter (Island) basket like this?

Why have an Easter Crab? It is kind of a family tradition to celebrate Easter with different animals: I grew up in northern Illinois waiting for Gladys the Easter Cow to come bring bull's eyes and cowtail candies. My dad even had a song for our Easter bovine:


(I feel like this video explains a lot about my own sense of humor!)

1 comment: